Established in 1997, Insomnia Coffee Company has grown at a phenomenal rate, with over 120 stores in operation and continued expansion into the UK. Currently rolling out a number of high street franchise stores, Insomnia needed hospitality accounting software solution that would allow for integration with their current EPOS and retail systems as well as providing in-depth sales analysis.
Insomnia needed a strong retail accounting software solution that could support the launch of their High Street Franchise initiative. They also wanted an in-depth breakdown of sales per item per store which would allow them to monitor performance and easily analyse best performing stores and products.
Insomnia initially looked at buying an on-premise accounting package and the required servers and infrastructure but they had little access to local IT support. Fortunately AccountsIQ was recommended to them and we were able to implement a full cloud retail accounting solution at a fraction of the cost of installing an on-premise solution.
We are impressed with the reporting capabilities of AccountsIQ, and with the support we got from the AccountsIQ team in implementing the new system.
A cloud solution makes so much sense for a multi-location business like ours. We now have a strong foundation on which to manage and grow our operations and develop our franchise model, while maintaining tight control. Barry Kehoe, Chief Financial Officer, Insomnia Coffee Company
Insomnia chose to adopt AccountsIQ accounting software for all its financial requirements because of its extensive functionality consisting of:
- Full featured accounting system
- Full EPOS integration capabilities
- Ability to report by location, individual product and store
- Transaction upload via excel
- Cloud based system allowing for concurrent logins.
- Simply monthly fee with no upfront capital cost on local servers etc
- Strong sales and profitability reporting – no need to export to Excel or re-key anything.
- Extensive cloud accounting functionality meeting their requirements but with a system than can grow with them.
- Integration with their EPOS system
- Departmental reporting