At AccountsIQ we are on a mission to bring affordable and feature rich SaaS accounting systems to medium and mid-sized organisations. Our smart cloud accounting software transforms the finance function and simplifies how multi-entity businesses capture, process and report their results. It's great for fast growing businesses who have outgrown their existing system but don't want the expense and complexity of a complex ERP solution. At the heart of our culture we combine teamwork, energy and passion with an entrepreneurial and friendly spirit. Join us if you want to be part of our story!
As a full stack developer reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with an international team. You will have a chance to work on various technologies in our web applications and backend services, powering our SaaS offering. Our engineers are passionate about delivering high quality and innovative software solutions to our customers, and hold each other to a high standard.
Teamwork is essential to our way of work as we are organised in product squads with Scrum, and as a candidate looking to join our engineering teams, you should possess first class interpersonal and communication skills. We are looking for great people who want to grow and keep on learning, and we will support you doing so. Whether you want to expand into DevOps, APIs, Front End, Back End, mobile, Azure Services, or even train to be a security champion in your squad, we will have something for you. We provide opportunities to grow technically as an engineer and career paths to mentorship and team lead positions. Come join us!
- Implement new functionalities and refine existing products within an engineering squad and guilds organisation
- Improve the development and release engine
- Partake in collective ownership of the application’s architecture and technical direction
- Adapt to an agile/lean environment with both on-site and off-site co-workers
- Mentor Junior members
- Partake in all parts of the development process from design to testing and delivery
- Carry out development activities covering a wide range of technologies on the front & back end
- Cover areas from core development in ASP.NET MVC/WebApi, Linq, SASS, Vue.js to T-SQL stored procedures and functions in SQL Server
- Being a full-stack developer and a keen problem solver is more important than any particular technology
- Writing and executing unit, integration and system tests on both your own and others' code
- Perform code reviews
- Participate in retrospective and post mortems, always being ready to improve
- Ability to work well in a cross-cultural team
Qualifications and Experience
To be considered for this superb opportunity, you must have at least 4 years’ experience of the following technologies:
- NET, C#.NET or VB.NET
- HTML & CSS
- Good understanding of HTTP and REST
- SQL Server with specific reference to T-SQL
- A degree in an IT related discipline is also essential
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
Whilst not essential, experience of MVC, Web Services, Vue.js/React, Web APIs and Azure services in general would be beneficial to your application. Interests in optimisation, in mobile development, in Vue.js components would be equally favourable
Some knowledge of automated testing tools and frameworks would be advantageous. Good technical documentation writing skills would also be beneficial to your application. Any reference to open source work or projects demonstrating your skills will be considered. Any DevOps, scripting, build maintenance experience would be similarly welcomed.