View Specific Solutions for
Specialist Hosting Services
As the hosting and delivery of our application over the Internet is a critical component of our overall service, we work in tandem with OpSource, the world experts in delivering web based and Software-as-a-Service applications. Opsource is backed by world leading technology companies like Intel Capital and NTT (Nippon Telegraph & Telephone Corporation), Dimension Data and has SSAE 16 Compliant hosting sites throughout the world.
Specialist Security Protection for Your Data
We understand that security is a paramount concern for any business, and we take our clients' data security extremely seriously. That is why accountsIQ employs a sophisticated, multi-layered security model and a set of important safeguards, to protect your data online.
Our architecture's security model is externally validated by independent security experts.
We believe accountsIQ is far more secure than most systems running on internal company servers because it has:
- Top-level firewall protection against intrusion – and any potential threats are monitored 24/7 and notified to us immediately
- Automatic data backups sent each night to a remote backup facility
- Systematic monitoring of the latest security patches and anti-virus updates and their immediate implementation where necessary
- Best practice procedures and systems for data security, facility security and user security
accountsIQ data is protected using the following security controls:
- System access requiring three levels of authentication – company ID/username/password
- Industry-leading Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to protect the transfer of data online and safeguard data against unauthorised access and intrusion
- Servers dedicated solely to our online accounting service
- Independent databases for each client – no data is shared within the same database
- Data files locked using Microsoft Windows and SQL Server 2005 security and permissions
- Hard drive backup by our hosting partner in case of hard drive failures, and data clustering replication to a secondary server in case of main server failure
All accountsIQ client data is hosted in OpSource's high-security data storage facility. The facility’s security features include:
- Biometric scanning and electronic key access for internal security
- CCTV camera coverage of entire facility, including cages
- Back-up generators and UPS (uninterruptible power supply) systems
- Automatic alarm system notification of law enforcement agencies
- Shipping and receiving area walled off from hosting collocation areas
OpSource is SSAE 16 compliant (previously certification was SAAS 70 Type). SSAE 16 Type II is an auditing standard developed by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) to evaluate the internal controls of a service provider. The audit conducts a series of tests to ensure that the service provider is actually following documented internal procedures and processes to achieve the service provider’s control objectives.
accountsIQ's flexible security system allows administrators to control which functions each user within a client company can access and view.
This allows for a clear and secure delegation of tasks and system access according to job requirements. You have total control over who accesses data, and what they can see and do through predefined user profiles.
- Owner managers can be set up with access to summary management reports
- Data entry personnel can be set up with access to order entry screens only